If you already have taco-seasoned ground beef in the freezer, this recipe can be done in much less than 30 minutes. If you don’t have any stockpiled, go ahead and cook extra tonight and freeze it. Cooking 5 lbs. ground beef and seasoning it for the freezer takes less time than making 1 lb. ground beef 5 times and seasoning it for each recipe.
30 Minute Taco Macaroni
- 16 oz elbow macaroni
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 2 tbsp. taco seasoning mix
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 2 tsp garlic, minced
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 cup water
- 10 oz Rotel tomatoes and green chilies, drained
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Brown ground beef in a skillet with onion and garlic.
- Add taco seasoning mix and 1/3 cup of water and simmer for 2 minutes. Stir in tomato sauce, water, milk, Rotel, salt, pepper, and cooked pasta. Stir in cheese and serve warm.