This is a perfect meal to make following London broil, flank steak, skirt steak, or other firm cut of roast to make use of planned leftovers.
- 3 Tbsp cornstarch, divided
- ½ cup water plus 2 tbsp water, divided
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 lb. cooked London broil or 1 lb. cooked round steak, sliced and cut into bite size pieces
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil, divided
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 2 cups rice, cooked according to package directions
Combine 2 Tbsp cornstarch, 2 Tbsp water, and garlic powder in a bowl and mix thoroughly. Add cooked London Broil and toss until well coated. Heat 1 Tbsp of oil in a large skillet; add cooked London Broil and stir fry until reheated, about 1 minute. Remove meat from skillet; Heat remaining oil in pan; add broccoli, stir-frying for about 5 minutes. In a small bowl, mix together soy sauce, brown sugar, ginger, and remaining 1 Tbsp of cornstarch and remaining water; add soy mixture and cooked beef to skillet. Cook for 2-5 minutes, stirring frequently. Serve over cooked rice.
- Method: Stovetop
Keywords: stovetop, beef, planned leftovers, stifry