This quick stovetop Black Beans and Rice can be made in the time it takes to cook the rice. Adjust the spices to your taste by using salsa that is hot or mild, or add a chopped jalapeno to the pepper and onion.
Black Beans and Rice
- 1 onion, sautéed (from freezer)
- 1 cup green bell pepper, sautéed (from freezer)
- 2 cups black beans, cooked or 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tsp garlic, minced
- 1 cup salsa
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 cups rice
- Cook rice according to package directions. While rice is cooking, combine onion, bell pepper, cooked beans, garlic, salsa, salt, and pepper in a skillet. Cover and let simmer while preparing rice. Add water to beans if necessary. Serve beans over rice.