Frozen meatballs are an easy ingredient to use in so many delicious recipes, and they are easy to make in bulk. When ground beef is deeply discounted, we buy large quantities and prepare both browned ground beef for the freezer and bulk meatballs for the freezer.
This bulk meatball recipe calls for baking the meatballs instead of frying them, creating less mess (you can also grill them if you have a grill or grill pan that won’t allow them to fall through the slats).
You can also make vegetarian meatballs with this recipe! Check out the recipe for vegetarian meatballs for the freezer.
- 5 lbs. ground beef
- 1 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup steak sauce or Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp. basil
- 2 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. pepper
- 1 tsp. garlic salt
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- Mix all ingredients together in large bowl by using your hands. (Yes, it's easiest to just get messy and mix away!) If your mixture is a little too dry add a little more steak sauce or Worcestershire sauce. If your mixture is a little too moist, add a little more bread crumbs.
- Shape into 1 inch balls. Place on foil lined baking sheets with a shallow rim to prevent drips and bake at 350°F for about 20-30 minutes, turning occasionally with tongs.
- Allow to cool. Divide into 5 portions in labeled, freezer safe containers.
Try Bulk Meatballs in These Recipes: