Homemade enchiladas are deliciously cheesy with rich flavor from the traditional corn tortillas.
Cheese & Onion Enchiladas
- 1 bunch green onions, divided
- 2 C. sour cream
- 4 C. Mexican Blend Cheese, shredded
- 1-1/2 recipes homemade enchilada sauce
- 8 small corn tortillas
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Chop green onions, reserving 2 chopped onions. Mix all but the 2 onions with sour cream.
- Heat enchilada sauce in a sauce pan on low. Mix 2 Mexican cheese with sour cream mixture. Fill tortillas with sour cream mixture while lining them up in pan, folded side down (if the tortillas are too stiff to fold, you can dip them in the enchilada sauce first or heat them in the microwave under a damp paper towel).
- Pour any remaining sauce over enchiladas in pan. Bake for 30 minutes at 350°Top with cheese and reserved green onions and bake until cheese is melted over the top about 10 more minutes or so.
Pin this recipe: