Looking for a super easy supper idea? Look no further than Crockpot Cube Steak and Gravy. With a pound of cube steak, an envelope of onion soup mix, 2 cans of cream of mushroom soup, and some water, you can put a delicious home cooked meal on the table with almost no effort.
I like this dish over mashed potatoes, but if you are really in a hurry, serve it over instant rice with a salad on the side. Slow cooking the steak all day makes the meat incredibly tender and the onion soup mix seasons the gravy perfectly.
Crockpot Cube Steak and Gravy
- 1 lb. cube steak
- 2 cans (10.75 oz. each) cream of mushroom soup
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- ¾ cup water
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place everything but the cube steak into the crockpot and mix well with a whisk.
- Place cube steal on top and mix to cover with gravy.
- Cook on low 6-8 hours or until tender. Serve over rice, noodles, mashed potatoes, or with your favorite side dishes.
Looking for other slow cooker recipes? We have several other delicious recipes that will be ready at dinnertime with just a few minutes of preparation earlier in the day.