Cajun seasoning and dry minced onion are the secret to meatloaf with a little kick to complement the sweet glaze.
- 1/2 C ketchup
- 1/3 C brown sugar
- 1/4 C lemon juice, divided
- 1 tsp. mustard powder
- 2 lbs. ground beef
- 3 slices bread, torn up into small pieces
- 1 Tbsp. dry minced onion, or to taste
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1-1/2 tsp. Cajun seasoning, or to taste
- Heat oven to 350°.
- In a small bowl combine ketchup, brown sugar, 1 Tbsp of the lemon juice, and mustard powder.
- In a large bowl combine ground beef, bread, remaining lemon juice, onion, egg, seasoning and 1/3 of the ketchup mixture. Mix well and place in a loaf pan.
- Bake for 1 hour, drain any fat off, then spread remaining ketchup mixture evenly over the top. Bake for 5-10 more minutes, then serve.