These Italian Beef Hoagies are a great way to use leftover roast beef.
Italian Beef Hoagies
- 6 hoagie rolls, split lengthwise
- 1 lb. cooked roast beef, sliced or shredded
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 6 tbsp. mayonnaise
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Italian seasoning, to taste
- 6 oz. shredded mozzarella cheese
- pickled hot peppers, optional
- Sauté pepper and onion in olive oil until tender.
- Spread 1 Tbsp. of mayonnaise on each hoagie roll and top with equal amounts of roast beef, pepper, and onion.
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning to taste.
- Top with mozzarella cheese.
- Toast sandwiches open-faced until cheese melts and roll browns slightly and serve warm with pickled peppers if desired.