Notes for this week
|Maple Dijon Chicken||Zucchini and Tomatoes||Italian Bread|
|Broccoli & Fettuccine Alfredo||Green Salad|
|Loaded Baked Potatoes||Steamed Broccoli||Black-eyed Peas|
|Quick & Easy Mexican Style Soup||Baguette|
|Lemon Rosemary Chicken||Peas and Carrots||Dinner Rolls|
Free Meal Plans by Email
🗓️ Day 1
- Maple Dijon Chicken
- Italian Bread
- Zucchini and Tomatoes
Maple Dijon Chicken (Freezer Cooking)
- 1-1/2 to 2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- Combine Dijon, maple syrup, vinegar, salt, and pepper in a bowl and mix well.
- Place chicken in slow cooker and pour sauce on top.
- Cook in slow cooker on high for 4 hours or low for 8 hours.
To stock your freezer:
- Place chicken in a freezer container and pour mixture over chicken. Seal, while removing the air, and label with the date and the following: “Maple Dijon Chicken: Thaw in refrigerator overnight and cook in slow cooker on high for 4 hours or low for 8 hours.”
Zucchini & Tomatoes
- 2 large zucchini, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. oil
- 15 oz. can fire-roasted tomatoes, drained
- Salt to taste
- Heat oil in a fry pan. Add chopped zucchini and sauté until tendercrisp.
- Add tomatoes and stir gently. Cook until heated through.
- Salt to taste and serve.
🗓️ Day 2
- Broccoli & Fettuccine Alfredo
- Green Salad
Broccoli & Fettuccine Alfredo
- 8 oz fettuccine, cooked according to pkg. directions
- 1/2 recipe homemade alfredo sauce, or a jar of prepared sauce
- 1 head broccoli, chopped into florets
- Steam broccoli in covered microwave safe dish for about 5 minutes or add broccoli to fettuccine during the last five minutes of the fettuccine boiling time.
- Drain pasta and broccoli. Serve Alfredo sauce over pasta and broccoli.
🗓️ Day 3
- Loaded Baked Potatoes
- Steamed Broccoli
- Black-eyed Peas
Loaded Baked Potatoes
- 6 large baking potatoes, or as many as you need
- 15 oz can chili, heated
- shredded cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper
- vegetable oil for coating
- Optional ingredients: sour cream, green onions, tomatoes
- Coat potatoes with oil. Coat with coarsely ground salt and pepper and cook using the method of your choice below.
- Cut open and slightly mash insides of potatoes (leave insides in potato). Top with chili, cheese and any other garnishes you choose.
- Prick potatoes with a fork several times, wrap in aluminum foil, and cook at 350°F for approximately 1 hour or until centers are hot and tender.
- Prick potatoes with a fork several times, wrap in aluminum foil, and cook in the slow cooker for 3-4 hours on high or 6-7 hours on low.
- Prick potatoes with a fork several times, and starting with 6 minutes, cook in the microwave on high. Check potatoes regularly to see if they are done, adding time in 1-2 minute increments until they are cooked through.
Instant Pot Method:
- A Mindful Mom has Instant Pot instructions for baked potatoes.
🗓️ Day 4
- Quick & Easy Mexican Style Soup
Quick & Easy Mexican Style Soup
Additional condiments as desired:
- avocado, peeled, pitted, and chopped
- shredded cheddar cheese
- sour cream
- tortilla chips
- Place ground beef and onion in a soup pot and cook until beef is reheated and onion is tender.
- Add water, undrained tomatoes, kidney beans, tomato sauce, and taco seasoning mix. Simmer, covered, until hot.
- Add cheese, sour cream, avocado, and tortilla chips to soup if desired. Add jalapenos or salsa for a spicier soup.
🗓️ Day 5
- Lemon Rosemary Chicken
- Peas and Carrots
- Dinner Rolls
Lemon Rosemary Chicken
- 1 large whole roaster
- 1 tbsp butter, softened
- 1 tbsp rosemary
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 lemon
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Clean chicken and remove anything in the cavity. Pat dry.
- In a small bowl, mix together everything except chicken and lemon. Rub the butter mixture over entire chicken.
- Cut the lemon in half, and slightly squeeze the juice from one half over top of chicken. Put both lemon halves inside chicken cavity.
- Place chicken on a roasting rack in a roaster and roast for about 1 hour, basting 2-3 times. Cover with foil and roast an additional 30-45 minutes, basting 1-2 times, until internal temperatures reach 165°. Let chicken sit for about 5 minutes before carving.
🧾 Create a shopping list
Note that any recipe scaling from the recipes above does not carry over to the starting point for the grocery list, so you will need to make those same serving adjustments below after you click the Shopping List button. To print the notes for each day, after clicking the Shopping List button, click Print Collection.