Week 12 Summary
Notes for this week
|Corned Beef and Cabbage||Macaroni and Cheese|
|Beef and Guinness Stew||Green Salad|
|Reuben Sandwiches||Celery Sticks|
|Barbecue Roasted Chicken||Instant Pot Mushroom Rice Pilaf||Roasted Green Beans|
|Barbecue Chicken Pizza||Chick Pea Salad|
Send me the meal plans!
🗓️ Day 1
- Corned Beef and Cabbage
- Macaroni and Cheese
Corned Beef and Cabbage
- 3 lb corned beef brisket with spice packet
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 head cabbage, chopped
- Place brisket in large pot and cover with water. Add packet and cover.
- Bring contents to a simmer.
- Simmer on low for three hours until tender.
- Add onions and cabbage and cook until tender, 15 to 30 minutes more.
- Place brisket in crockpot and cover with water. Add spice packet and cover.
- Cook on high for 5-6 hours or until internal beef temperature is at least 160ºF.
- About an hour before serving, add cabbage and onions. Continue cooking until vegetables are tender.
Macaroni and Cheese
- ½ lb. elbow macaroni
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp dry mustard powder
- 1 Tbsp hot/ warm water
- 3 cups grated cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 cup milk
- ½ cup seasoned croutons, crushed
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain thoroughly and return to pan.
- Stir in butter and egg; mix mustard and salt with water and add to macaroni.
- Add cheese, reserving ½ cup to sprinkle on the top.
- Pour into a greased 2 quart casserole dish. Pour milk over noodles and cheese – do not stir it in but distribute evenly. Sprinkle with cheese and croutons.
- Bake for about 45 minutes or until set and the top is brown.
🗓️ Day 2
- Beef and Guinness Stew
- Green Salad
Beef and Guinness Stew
- 2 lbs. beef stew meat, cut into 1" cubes
- 4 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 3 Tbsp. flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp. tomato paste
- 1-1/2 - 2 (11.2 oz.) bottles Guinness® stout beer
- 3 large carrots, chopped
- 1/2 tsp. dried thyme, or 1 sprig fresh thyme
- 4 cups prepared mashed potatoes
- Place beef cubes into a large bowl and drizzle with 1 Tbsp. olive oil. Mix well.
- In a separate dish, combine flour, salt, black pepper, and cayenne pepper; mix well.
- Sprinkle flour mixture over beef mixture and toss to coat.
- Heat remaining oil in a large fry pan or Dutch oven. Add beef and cook on medium-high heat, stirring frequently, until browned.
- Add chopped onions and minced garlic and cook until onions are tender-crisp.
- Add 1 bottle of stout beer to pan and stir, scraping any food from the bottom and sides of the pan.
- Add tomato paste and stir until well blended. Add carrots, thyme, and remaining stout beer.
- Cover and cook at a simmer for 2-3 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Serve over mashed potatoes.
- Make a batch of vegetarian meatballs.
- Heat the cooked meatballs in a pan with a very little bit of oil and cook over medium heat until they are heated on the outside.
- Add the flour and continue the recipe as is from there.
- Brown the beef on the stovetop in a large skillet.
- Follow the recipe instructions until the point where the stew needs to simmer.
- Transfer the stew to a slow cooker and cook it on low for 3-4 hours.
- Brown the meat in the oil without the flour (you can put the cayenne, salt, and pepper on it).
- Add the beer, onions, garlic, thyme, and carrots to the pot.
- Cook on manual pressure (high if you have the option) for 25 minutes.
- NPR for 15 minutes, then release pressure and open lid.
- Mix the flour with about 1/2 cup of the liquid from the pot, whisking well to get any lumps out.
- Add the flour mixture back to the pot and stir gently to mix.
- Add the tomato paste and the remaining beer and heat on sauté mode for just long enough to heat through (watch carefully for burning - this won't take long).
- Turn off the Instant Pot as soon as the stew is hot and serve the stew over mashed potatoes.
🗓️ Day 3
- Reuben Sandwiches
- Celery Sticks
- 16 slices rye bread
- 14.5 oz can sauerkraut
- 2 lbs. corned beef, cooked in a slow cooker all day & sliced
- 16 Tbsp. Thousand Island dressing
- 8 slices Swiss cheese
- 1 stick butter
- Butter one side of each of 8 slices of bread and place butter side down on a large griddle.
- Place 1 slice of cheese on each piece of bread and top with 1/4 lb. of sliced corned beef. Place about 1/4 cup sauerkraut on top of beef and top with 2 Tbsp. Thousand Island dressing. Butter one side of remaining bread slices and place on top of each sandwich, butter side up.
- Turn griddle on to medium and heat until bottom of sandwiches are browned. Flip sandwiches with a large spatula and brown the other side. Slice each sandwich in half and serve immediately.
🗓️ Day 4
- Barbecue Roasted Chicken
- Instant Pot Mushroom Rice Pilaf
- Roasted Green Beans
Barbecue Roasted Chicken
- 5 lb. whole chicken
- 1 ½ cups barbecue sauce
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- oil as needed
- Loosen skin from the chicken on all sides. Coat chicken between the skin and meat with half of the barbecue sauce and all the garlic, distributing as evenly as possible.
- Tie legs together and place breast side up on a rack in a roasting pan. Drizzle a small amount of oil over the top.
- Bake at 375°F for about 1 hour to 1 ½ hours or until chicken is cooked through. During the last 15 minutes brush remaining barbecue sauce over the chicken.
Instant Pot Mushroom Rice Pilaf
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup onions, finely chopped
- 10 oz Cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tsp Better Than Bouillon Mushroom Base or Vegetable Base
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- salt to taste
- 1 cup Basmati rice
- 1 cup water
Roasted Green Beans
- 1 pound fresh green beans
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper
🗓️ Day 5
- Barbecue Chicken Pizza
- Chick Pea Salad
Barbecue Chicken Pizza
- 1 prepared pizza crust
- 2 cups barbecue sauce
- 1 cup cooked chicken, shredded
- 1 cup red onion, sliced
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- Roll pizza dough out on a pizza stone or pan and spread with barbecue sauce. Sprinkle with cheese, then layer chicken and red onion slices.
- Cook at 400°F until brown and bubbly, about 20-30 minutes.
Chick Pea Salad
- 32 oz canned garbanzo beans
- 1 Tbsp cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 4 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 3 scallions
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1/3 cup parsley
🧾 Create a shopping list
Note that any recipe scaling from the recipes above does not carry over to the starting point for the grocery list, so you will need to make those same serving adjustments below after you click the Shopping List button. To print the notes for each day, after clicking the Shopping List button, click Print Collection.