Week 13 Summary
Notes for this week
|Barbecue Meatball Sliders||Pickle Spears||Potato Chips|
|Cheesy Baked Ziti||Sautéed Greens|
|Crockpot Albondigas Soup||Green Salad|
|Easy Slow Cooker Thai Chicken with Peanut Sauce||Cucumber Salad|
|Spiced Fish Bake||Couscous||Steamed Broccoli|
Send me the meal plans!
🗓️ Day 1
- Barbecue Meatball Sliders
- Pickle Spears
- Potato Chips
Barbecue Meatball Sliders
- 1 lb cooked meatballs
- 1/3 lb turkey bacon, chopped
- ½ cup onion, sliced
- ¼ cup BBQ sauce
- 3 slices sharp cheddar cheese, divided into quarters
- 12 Hawaiian sweet rolls
- Heat meatballs in pan by frying until browned and heated through.
- Fry bacon until crispy over medium-high heat (add a little oil if needed). Remove bacon from skillet, leaving the grease in the skillet. Add onions to the skillet, reduce heat to medium, and sauté until tender.
- Cut rolls in half and add meatballs to the bottom portion of each roll. Brush tops of each roll with BBQ sauce. Add piece of cheese, bacon bits, and sautéed onions to each meatball.
- Place under broiler next to the roll tops for 2-3 minutes until cheese is melted. Place tops of rolls on each meatball and serve.
- 5 lbs. ground beef
- 1 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup steak sauce or Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp. basil
- 2 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. pepper
- 1 tsp. garlic salt
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- Mix all ingredients together in large bowl by using your hands. (Yes, it's easiest to just get messy and mix away!) If your mixture is a little too dry add a little more steak sauce or Worcestershire sauce. If your mixture is a little too moist, add a little more bread crumbs.
- Shape into 1 inch balls. Place on foil lined baking sheets with a shallow rim to prevent drips and bake at 350°F for about 20-30 minutes, turning occasionally with tongs.
- Allow to cool. Divide into 5 portions in labeled, freezer safe containers.
🗓️ Day 2
- Cheesy Baked Ziti
- Sautéed Greens of Your Choice (Kale, Spinach, Collards, etc.)
Cheesy Baked Ziti
- 12 oz box ziti or penne
- 50 oz jar pasta sauce
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 3 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded, divided
- 1 egg
- 16 oz container ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 Tbsp parsley
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Spray a 3-quart baking dish. Cook pasta according to package directions but slightly undercooking; drain. In a medium bowl combine pasta sauce and Italian seasoning. Remove 2 cups and set aside. Stir remaining sauce into cooked pasta.
- Place half of the pasta mixture in baking dish. Sprinkle 1 cup of the mozzarella cheese on top.
- In a medium bowl, beat egg and stir in ricotta, Parmesan, parsley, and salt until blended.
- Place over the mozzarella cheese by dolloping with a spoon and gently spread. Top with remaining pasta, then sprinkle with 1 cup of the mozzarella cheese. Spread remaining pasta sauce evenly to edges of dish, coating all pasta.
- Bake, uncovered, in a preheated 350°F oven for 30 minutes or until very hot in center and edges are bubbly.
- Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese. Bake 3 to 5 minutes longer or until cheese melts.
Sautéed Spinach and Garlic
- 1-1/2 Tbsp. butter
- 16 oz. fresh baby spinach, washed and dried
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- Salt to taste
- Melt butter in a skillet and sauté minced garlic for a couple of minutes.
- Add spinach and stir it into the garlic just until it starts to wilt. Add salt and serve.
🗓️ Day 3
- Crockpot Albondigas Soup
- Green Salad
Crockpot Albondigas Soup (Mexican Meatball Soup)
- 1 lb. frozen cooked meatballs
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 30 oz beef broth
- 16 oz. salsa
- 1 Tbsp. chili powder
- 1/4 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 cup pasta shells
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3 Tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
- Sauté onions and bell peppers in olive oil until tender.
- Combine meatballs, onion, green pepper, garlic, beef broth, salsa, chili powder, and cumin in a crockpot.
- Cover and cook on low for 5-7 hours.
- Add pasta and stir well, cover, and cook on low an additional hour or until pasta is tender.
- Serve with garnishes of cheese, sour cream, and cilantro.
- Using sautéed onions and peppers from the freezer makes this soup virtually prep-free.
- When you are pressed for time, you can make the soup on the stovetop and cut down the cooking time to less than an hour. Add the pasta in the last 15-20 minutes of cooking.
- If you have a 6 quart crockpot, you should be able to double the recipe in one batch.
🗓️ Day 4
- Easy Slow Cooker Thai Chicken over Rice
- Cucumber Salad
Easy Slow Cooker Thai Chicken
- 2 ½ lbs. boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup salsa
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 2 Tbsp lime juice
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce or tamari
- 1-2 tsp fresh grated ginger root
- ¼ cup chopped peanuts, for garnish
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh cilantro, for garnish
- 3 cups prepared white rice
- Place chicken in slow cooker. Mix together all other ingredients except peanuts and cilantro and pour over chicken.
- Cook on low for 8 hours or on high for 3-4 hours depending on your slow cooker, stirring occasionally. Serve over white rice and garnish with peanuts and cilantro.
- Preparation option: Peanut sauce is delicious on vegetables, so you could add slices of colorful bell peppers and onions to the slow cooker at the beginning of cooking. Throw in 2-3 cups of spinach in the last half hour or so and this is a complete meal with no sides needed.
- To freeze: Prepare the sauce in whatever quantity needed for the number of dishes you want to freeze. Freeze the sauce in a separate container and put it together with the chicken in the freezer, then place the instructions and 1/4 cup chopped peanuts with them. Label with:
Easy Slow Cooker Thai Chicken in Peanut Sauce: Thaw. Place chicken in slow cooker. Cover with sauce and cook on low for 8 hours or high for 3-4 hours depending on your slow cooker. Stir occasionally. Serve over white rice and garnish with 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro and 1/4 cup chopped peanuts.
Marinated Cucumber Salad
- 1 large cucumber, washed and thinly sliced
- 1/2 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1-1/2 Tbsp. sugar
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1-2 tsp salt
- Combine the sugar, vinegar, and salt and mix well.
- Pour vinegar mixture over sliced cucumber and onion. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- If the cucumber is large in diameter, slice it in half lengthwise before slicing crosswise.
- If you prefer, you can chop/dice the cucumber and onion rather than slice it for a different presentation.
- White vinegar can be substituted for apple cider vinegar.
- Keeps well in the refrigerator for several days.
🗓️ Day 5
- Spiced Fish Bake
- Steamed Broccoli
Spiced Fish Bake
- 6 tilapia fillets
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp lemon pepper
- 1/4 tsp dry mustard
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp poultry seasoning
- dash cayenne pepper
- 3 Tbsp butter, melted
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Place fish in a lightly greased baking dish.
🧾 Create a shopping list
Note that any recipe scaling from the recipes above does not carry over to the starting point for the grocery list, so you will need to make those same serving adjustments below after you click the Shopping List button. To print the notes for each day, after clicking the Shopping List button, click Print Collection.