Notes for this week
|30 Minute Hash Brown Soup||Spinach Salad|
|Grilled Chicken with Garlic Soy Marinade||Seasoned Green Beans||Squash Casserole|
|Creamy Poppy Seed Chicken||Steamed Broccoli|
|Mexican Style Pot Roast||Mexican Style Rice||Mixed Vegetables|
|Easy Orecchiette Florentine||Caesar Salad||Green Peas with Butter|
Free Meal Plans by Email
Day 1 Dinner Menu
- 30 Minute Hash Brown Soup
- Spinach Salad
Hash Brown Soup
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 Tbsp oil
- 3 14.5 oz. cans chicken broth
- 32 oz. bag frozen hash browns, diced, not shredded
- 10.5 oz. cream of celery soup
- 10.5 oz. cream of chicken soup
- 12 oz. evaporated milk
- 16 oz. cheddar cheese, divided
- green onions, chopped (for garnish)
- Sauté onion in oil in soup pot.
- Add broth and bring to boil.
- Add hash browns and bring to boil.
- Add soups and evaporated milk, bring to a simmer.
- Add 3-1/2 cups cheddar cheese.
- Heat, stirring frequently, until cheese melts.
- Serve garnished with remaining shredded cheddar and green onions.
- If you have sautéed onions in the freezer, use the equivalent of 1 onion. If not, consider sautéing a whole bag of onions either while preparing this dish or later when you have more time and freezing them in 1 cup portions. Next time a recipe calls for a sautéed onion, you have it already prepared!
- For a vegetarian version of this soup, use vegetable stock in place of chicken broth, and use two cans of cream of celery soup and omit the cream of chicken soup.
Day 2 Dinner Menu
- Grilled Chicken with Garlic Soy Marinade (plan ahead to marinate; save leftovers for Days 3 & 5)
- Seasoned Green Beans
- Squash Casserole
Grilled Chicken with Garlic Soy Marinade
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 ½ Tbsp soy sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- ½ Tsp dried oregano
- ¼ Tsp salt
- ¼ Tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Combine all ingredients except chicken in a large mixing bowl and whisk until the marinade is thoroughly combined.
- Add chicken to the bowl and stir until all chicken is coated in marinade; cover tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat grill to medium heat. Grill the chicken for 6-7 minutes per side, depending on thickness, until the chicken is cooked through (temperature of the thickest part of the chicken should register 165ºF).
- Remove from grill onto a platter and tent with foil. Let the chicken rest about five minutes before serving.
This is a good recipe for bulk cooking chicken for the freezer, so if your supply is low, plan to double or triple this recipe to restock.
Seasoned Green Beans
- 1 lb. fresh or frozen green beans
- 2 tsp. butter
- 1/4 package Good Seasonings Italian dressing mix
- If needed, trim green beans of ends and strings. If using frozen green beans, thaw first.
- Lightly steam green beans.
- Melt butter in large fry pan. Add green beans. Sprinkle with the 1/4 package of seasoning mix and stir well while sautéing.
- 3 lbs. yellow summer squash
- 2 carrots, peeled
- 1 onion
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 cup cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- 4 oz. diced pimientos, drained
- ½ cup butter
- 18 oz. bag Pepperidge Farm stuffing mix
- Non-stick cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Slice squash, carrots, and onion and place in a large sauce pan, sprinkle with salt, and cover with water. Boil until tender. Drain and mix together until well blended; set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix together soup, sour cream, and pimiento. Add to vegetables and mix well. In a skillet, melt the butter and stir in the stuffing mix.
- Spray a 9x12 pan with cooking spray. Spread bottom with ½ of the stuffing mixture. Spread the vegetable mixture on the stuffing, then cover with the remaining stuffing mixture.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until heated through and stuffing is slightly browned.
Day 3 Dinner Menu
- Creamy Poppy Seed Chicken (use leftover chicken from Day 2)
- Steamed Broccoli
Poppy Seed Chicken Casserole
- 1 sleeve round buttery crackers, crushed
- 2 Tbsp. butter, melted
- poppy seed for garnish
- Combine chicken, soups, sour cream, 1 sleeve crackers, and 1 Tbsp. poppy seeds in a large bowl. Mix well and transfer to a greased casserole dish.
- Mix together remaining crackers and melted butter and sprinkle on top. Garnish with poppy seeds.
- Bake at 325°F for 25 minutes.
Day 4 Dinner Menu
- Mexican Style Pot Roast
- Mexican Style Rice
- Mixed Vegetables
Mexican Style Pot Roast
- 4 lbs. chuck roast
- 2 beef bouillon cubes
- 10 oz. can diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 tomato can water (10 oz.)
- 4 oz. can diced green chilies
- 2 Tbsp. taco seasoning mix, or 1 envelope purchased taco seasoning
- Place all ingredients into a crockpot and cook on low for 8 hours or until tender.
Mexican Style Rice
- 1 Tbsp. oil
- 1 ½ C. long grain white rice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 very small onion, diced
- 1 ½ tsp cumin
- 2 Tbsp. chicken bouillon
- 4 oz. tomato sauce
- 3 ½ C. water
- 2/3 C. frozen mixed vegetables
- In a large skillet heat oil and add rice to brown slightly. Once browned add garlic, onion, cumin, bouillon and tomato sauce. Stir to mix.
- Add water then frozen vegetables. Bring to a boil then turn heat to low and simmer until all the liquid is absorbed about 20 to 25 minutes
Day 5 Dinner Menu
- Easy Orecchiette Florentine (use leftover chicken from Day 2)
- Caesar Salad
- Green Peas with Butter
Easy Orecchiette Florentine
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 onion, sliced
- 6 slices turkey bacon, cooked & chopped
- 12 oz jar roasted red bell peppers, sliced
- 1 lb bag orecchiette pasta
- 1-1/2 cups cooked chicken
- 1 bag baby spinach
- 15 oz jar Alfredo sauce
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese for garnish, optional
- Cook pasta according to package instructions.
- While pasta is cooking, melt butter in a large fry pan. Sauté onion and chopped turkey bacon in butter until onion is translucent and tender.
- Add roasted bell peppers, cooked chicken, and entire bag of spinach and cook over medium heat until spinach is wilted.
- By now your pasta should be done. Drain and rinse, then add pasta to pan with vegetables and chicken.
- Pour the Alfredo sauce over all and stir until coated.
- Heat through, garnish with Parmesan cheese, and serve immediately.
Create a Shopping List
Note that any recipe scaling from the recipes above does not carry over to the starting point for the grocery list, so you will need to make those same serving adjustments below after you click the Shopping List button. To print the notes for each day, after clicking the Shopping List button, click Print Collection.