Notes for this week
|Basil Lime Chicken||Tropical Fruit Salad||Tex-Mex Confetti Rice|
|Chipped Beef Gravy over Biscuits||Cantaloupe||Yogurt|
|Tex-Mex Chicken Corn Chowder||Crusty Bread||Salad|
|Burrito Casserole||Grapes||Tortilla Chips & Guacamole|
|Creamy Balsamic Meatballs||Egg Noodles||Steamed Asparagus|
Send me the meal plans!
Day 1 Dinner Menu
- Basil Lime Chicken (save leftovers for Day 3)
- Tropical Fruit Salad
- Tex-Mex Confetti Rice
Basil Lime Chicken
- ¾ cup lime juice
- ½ cup oil
- ½ cup Dijon mustard
- ½ cup Worcestershire sauce
- ½ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup green onions, chopped
- ¼ cup fresh basil, chopped (or 1 ½ Tbsp dried basil)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 4 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Mix all ingredients except chicken together thoroughly in a small bowl. Reserve ¼ cup for basting and ¼ cup separately for serving; refrigerate.
- Marinate chicken in remaining marinade overnight.
- Grill over medium heat about 5 minutes, basting occasionally with reserved marinade.
- Flip chicken and baste again. Continue to cook until juices run clear.
- Divide chicken and serve ¼ for the meal and chop ¾ for the freezer.
- Drizzle the marinade you reserved for dipping over the chicken you are serving, or just serve the marinade as a dipping sauce.
Tropical Fruit Salad
- 29 oz. mandarin orange sections, drained
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 2 bananas, sliced
- 1 cup grapes, cut in half
- 2 cups pineapple chunks, drained (reserve juice)
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- Mix everything except reserved juice and brown sugar in a medium sized bowl.
- Mix the brown sugar and 2 to 3 tbsp of the reserved pineapple juice and pour over fruit. Toss gently to coat.
Tex-Mex Confetti Rice
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup uncooked rice
- 1 small tomato, chopped
- 15 oz. can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 15 oz. can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 jalapeno, chopped (optional)
- ½ cup green onion, chopped
- ½ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- ¼ cup lime juice
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- Bring water to a boil in a saucepan. Add rice; stir and cover. Reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender.
- Fluff rice with fork and add remaining ingredients. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until heated through.
Day 2 Dinner Menu
- Chipped Beef Gravy
- Buttermilk Biscuits
Chipped Beef Gravy
- 4.5 oz jar dried beef
- 4 Tbsp butter
- 4 Tbsp flour
- 4 cups milk
- 2 tsp beef bouillon granules
- dash hot sauce
- Soak the dried beef in a bowl of water for about 15 minutes to reduce the saltiness. Drain.
- Tear or cut beef into bite-sized pieces; set aside.
- Melt butter in a large skillet. Over medium heat, stir in flour and continue to cook, stirring constantly, for 1 minute. Gradually add milk, a little at a time, stirring constantly with a whisk.
- After all milk has been added, add beef bouillon and hot sauce. Simmer over medium low heat, stirring frequently, until thickened to your preference.
- Add beef and heat through. Serve over buttermilk biscuits or toast.
Easy Buttermilk Biscuits
- 4 cups self-rising flour
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups buttermilk
- Combine flour and butter, cutting with a fork or using a mixer.
- Stir in buttermilk and mix well. Add more flour if too wet, more buttermilk if too dry.
- When dough is rolling consistency, knead a few times and turn out onto a floured surface. Roll out and cut with a biscuit cutter.
- Bake the biscuits on cookie sheet at 475° until brown, about 15 minutes (time will vary based on thickness).
Day 3 Dinner Menu
- Tex-Mex Chicken Corn Chowder (use leftover chicken from Day 1)
- Crusty Bread
Tex-Mex Chicken Corn Chowder
- 2 cups chicken, chopped into bite size pieces
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 1 tsp garlic cloves, minced
- 1 ½ cups chicken broth
- 2 cups half & half
- 3 cups Monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 29.5 oz canned creamed style corn
- 4.5 oz can diced green chilies, drained & rinsed
- 4 oz jar pimientos, diced
- fresh cilantro, chopped
- tortilla chips for garnish
- In a large pot, sauté chicken in oil until cooked through. Add garlic and sauté for 1-2 minutes.
- Add chicken broth; bring to boil. Reduce heat and cover. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add half & half, cheese, corn, and green chilies. Cook and stir gently over low heat until the cheese is melted, making sure to reduce heat if you notice any sticking on the bottom of the pan. Stir in pimiento.
- Serve immediately. Garnish with tortilla chips and cilantro, if desired.
Day 4 Dinner Menu
- Burrito Casserole
- Tortilla Chips and Guacamole
Easy Frozen Burrito Casserole
- 1 pkg frozen bean burritos, 8 count
- 10 oz 10 oz can cream of mushroom soup
- ½ can of milk
- 4 oz 4 oz can diced green chilies
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Spray a 9 x 13 inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Place frozen burritos in the baking dish.
- Combine soup, milk, and green chilies, mix well and then pour over the burritos. Top with cheese.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake at 375°F for 35-40 minutes or until heated though and cheese is melted.
Day 5 Dinner Menu
- Creamy Balsamic Meatballs
- Egg Noodles
- Steamed Asparagus
Creamy Balsamic Meatballs
- 1 lb. cooked meatballs, homemade or purchased
- 2 Tbsp butter
- ¼ cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Brown meatballs over medium heat or in the oven; set aside.
- Heat butter in a heavy skillet over medium high heat. Add onion to pan; cook over medium heat until onions are golden.
- Add cream and vinegar and cook on low 2 minutes.
- Add cooked meatballs to pan and cook until heated through.
- Serve over cooked egg noodles or rice.
- 5 lbs. ground beef
- 1 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup steak sauce or Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp. basil
- 2 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. pepper
- 1 tsp. garlic salt
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- Mix all ingredients together in large bowl by using your hands. (Yes, it's easiest to just get messy and mix away!) If your mixture is a little too dry add a little more steak sauce or Worcestershire sauce. If your mixture is a little too moist, add a little more bread crumbs.
- Shape into 1 inch balls. Place on foil lined baking sheets with a shallow rim to prevent drips and bake at 350°F for about 20-30 minutes, turning occasionally with tongs.
- Allow to cool. Divide into 5 portions in labeled, freezer safe containers.
Create a Shopping List
Note that any recipe scaling from the recipes above does not carry over to the starting point for the grocery list, so you will need to make those same serving adjustments below after you click the Shopping List button. To print the notes for each day, after clicking the Shopping List button, click Print Collection.