Notes for this week
|Mushroom Salisbury Steak||Green Peas||Rice|
|Pasta with Homemade Pesto||Green Beans|
|Crustless Broccoli Quiche||Carrot Raisin Salad||Easy Homemade Biscuits|
|Thanksgiving Dinner Meal Plan|
|Turkey Noodle Soup||Garlic Bread|
Free Meal Plans by Email
Day 1 Dinner Menu
- Mushroom Salisbury Steak
- Green Peas
Mushroom Salisbury Steak
- 10.5 oz can cream of mushroom soup, divided
- 1 Lb ground beef
- 1/3 cup bread crumbs
- 1 egg, beaten
- ¼ cup onion, chopped
- 1 ½ cups mushrooms, sliced
- ½ cup milk
- 1 Tbsp butter
- In a bowl, mix ¼ cup of soup, ground beef, bread crumbs, egg, and onion.
- Shape into 4 patties.
- Brown mushrooms in butter in a skillet. When mushrooms are tender, remove from pan and set aside.
- In the same skillet, brown patties (if you are using lowfat beef, you may need to brown in vegetable oil). Drain and set aside when browned.
- Add mushrooms, remaining soup, and milk to skillet; return patties to skillet. Cover and simmer on low 20 minutes or until meat is cooked through.
Day 2 Dinner Menu
- Pasta with Homemade Pesto
- Green Beans
Pasta with Homemade Pesto
- 16 oz rigatoni
- 1 recipe homemade pesto
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, for garnish
- Boil the pasta. Drain and rinse.
- Add homemade pesto and toss to coat.
- Garnish with Parmesan cheese and serve.
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves, washed, stems removed, and packed into cup
- ¼ cup Parmesan Cheese
- ½ cup olive oil
- 3 Tbsp pine nuts
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- Place basil leaves in small batches into a food processor and process until well chopped.
- Add about 1/3 of the nuts and garlic and blend again.
- Add about 1/3 of the cheese and blend slowly while adding about 1/3 of the olive oil.
- Stop to scrape food processor contents down the sides of container towards the bottom. Process until a smooth thick paste is formed.
- Repeat process until all ingredients are used.
Day 3 Dinner Menu
- Crustless Broccoli Quiche
- Buttermilk Biscuits (from freezer or stock up)
- Carrot Raisin Salad
Crustless Vegetable Quiche
- 8 eggs, beaten
- 10 oz pkg frozen chopped broccoli, cooked, drained and chopped
- 1 C. cheddar cheese, shredded
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 C. milk
- Combine eggs, milk, salt, and pepper. Stir in broccoli/spinach and cheese. Pour into a greased 8 inch pie pan that has 2 inch sides.
- Bake at 350°F about 40-50 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
Easy Buttermilk Biscuits
- 4 cups self-rising flour
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups buttermilk
- Combine flour and butter, cutting with a fork or using a mixer.
- Stir in buttermilk and mix well. Add more flour if too wet, more buttermilk if too dry.
- When dough is rolling consistency, knead a few times and turn out onto a floured surface. Roll out and cut with a biscuit cutter.
- Bake the biscuits on cookie sheet at 475° until brown, about 15 minutes (time will vary based on thickness).
Carrot Raisin Salad
- 3 C carrots, shredded
- 1/2 C raisins
- 1/2 C mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- Salt to taste
- Soak carrots in warm water to cover for about 5 minutes to plump. While carrots are soaking, mix together remaining ingredients in a bowl. Drain carrots and combine carrots and mayonnaise mixture. Mix well and chill well before serving.
Day 4 Dinner Menu
- Thanksgiving Meal Plan (make stock & save leftover turkey for Day 5)
Day 5 Dinner Menu
- Homemade Turkey Noodle Soup (make stock & use leftovers from Thanksgiving turkey)
- Garlic Bread
Turkey Noodle Soup
- leftover turkey carcass, including skin if available
- water to cover, about 8 cups
- 2 cups leftover turkey, shredded or chopped
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables, or leftover vegetables you have on hand
- 1 can diced tomatoes, drained
- salt and pepper, or other seasonings to taste
- 1 bag frozen egg noodles
- Place turkey frame and skin in slow cooker; cover with water and simmer on low overnight.
- In the morning, strain then broth, then refrigerate broth until fat rises to the top and hardens. Discard fat.
- Place broth in a large soup pot.
- Add chopped leftover turkey, mixed vegetables, tomatoes, and salt and pepper.
- Simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add frozen egg noodles and cook about 25 minutes or until done (if using dry egg noodles, adjust cooking time as per instructions on bag).
- Serve immediately.
Create a Shopping List
Note that any recipe scaling from the recipes above does not carry over to the starting point for the grocery list, so you will need to make those same serving adjustments below after you click the Shopping List button. To print the notes for each day, after clicking the Shopping List button, click Print Collection.