Notes for this week
|Kung Pao Chicken||Rice||Egg Drop Soup|
|Baked Southwestern Spaghetti||Marinated Cucumber Salad|
|Easy Crockpot Chicken and Dumplings||Caesar Salad|
|Cheese and Onion Enchiladas||Spanish Rice||Spinach Salad|
|Apple Cheddar Melts||Grapes||Potato Chips|
Free Meal Plans by Email
Day 1 Dinner Menu
- Kung Pao Chicken
- Egg Drop Soup
Kung Pao Chicken
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp rice cooking wine
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken, cut into bite sized pieces
- 2-4 small dried chilies
- 1 Tbsp fresh ginger, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 C peanuts
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp rice cooking wine
- 1 Tbsp vinegar
- 6 Tbsp oil, divided
- Marinate chicken overnight in a mixture of 2 Tbsp soy sauce, 1 Tbsp rice cooking wine, and 1 tsp cornstarch.
- To make the sauce, combine the following in a small bowl: vinegar, 2 Tbsp soy sauce, sesame oil, 1 tsp rice cooking wine, sugar, 1 Tbsp cornstarch. Set aside.
- Heat 4 Tbsp. oil in a wok over high heat. Cook chicken until cooked through and remove to a plate and set aside.
- Rinse out wok and add 2 Tbsp oil. Heat oil and add chilies. [If you cannot find chilies, you can use ¼ to ½ tsp. crushed red pepper.] This makes chili oil and is what flavors the dish.
- Stir fry chilies until they turn black, add ginger, garlic, and peppers. Stir fry until softened.
- Add chicken to reheat. Add sauce and stir until thickened.
- Garnish with peanuts and serve over rice.
Egg Drop Soup
- 3 C. chicken broth
- 1 green onion with top, chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- dash of pepper
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- Bring broth to a boil in a medium saucepan. Add salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl, beat eggs and add onions to beaten eggs.
- Pour eggs into boiling broth slowly, stirring with fork so that egg forms into ribbons. Soup is ready when egg is cooked.
Day 2 Dinner Menu
- Baked Southwestern Spaghetti
- Marinated Cucumber Salad
Baked Southwestern Spaghetti
- 16 oz. spaghetti
- 1 ½ lbs. ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 26 oz. jar spaghetti sauce
- 4 oz. can green chilies, chopped
- 2.25 oz. can sliced black olives, drained
- 10 oz. can Rotel, drained
- 2 cups cheddar, shredded
- Toppings as desired, shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes, sour cream, salsa, hot peppers, etc.
- Non-stick cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions.
- While spaghetti is cooking, brown ground beef. When almost done, add onion and cook until onion is tender.
- Drain beef and onion mixture and add remaining ingredients except cheese and toppings. Mix thoroughly and cook over medium heat until heated through.
- When spaghetti is ready, drain and mix with meat mixture.
- Pour into a 9"x13" pan prepared with non-stick cooking spray and sprinkle with shredded cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Serve with toppings of your choice.
Marinated Cucumber Salad
- 1 large cucumber, washed and thinly sliced
- 1/2 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1-1/2 Tbsp. sugar
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1-2 tsp salt
- Combine the sugar, vinegar, and salt and mix well.
- Pour vinegar mixture over sliced cucumber and onion. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- If the cucumber is large in diameter, slice it in half lengthwise before slicing crosswise.
- If you prefer, you can chop/dice the cucumber and onion rather than slice it for a different presentation.
- White vinegar can be substituted for apple cider vinegar.
- Keeps well in the refrigerator for several days.
Day 3 Dinner Menu
- Easy Crockpot Chicken and Dumplings
- Caesar Salad
Easy Crockpot Chicken & Dumplings
- 5 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 Tbsp butter, softened
- 21 oz cream of chicken soup
- 1 ½ cups chicken broth plus extra for thinning
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 Tbsp parsley
- 6 refrigerator biscuits, from can
- Spray a large slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray. Place chicken in bottom of crock pot.
- In a medium bowl, mix together butter, soup, broth, onions, and parsley. Pour over chicken.
- Cover and cook on high for 4-6 hours.
- After cooking time has elapsed, turn off slow cooker and break chicken into pieces using a fork. On a cutting board, using a sharp knife, cut each biscuit into 9 pieces. Stir biscuit pieces into hot chicken mixture.
- Turn crock pot back on to high and continue cooking for 30 minutes. If your mixture is too thick when you add the biscuits, add about 1/2 to 1 cup of hot chicken broth or water to thin the mixture. Serve hot.
Day 4 Dinner Menu
- Cheese and Onion Enchiladas
- Spanish Rice
- Spinach Salad
Cheese & Onion Enchiladas
- 1 bunch green onions, divided
- 2 C. sour cream
- 4 C. Mexican Blend Cheese, shredded
- 1-1/2 recipes homemade enchilada sauce
- 8 small corn tortillas
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Chop green onions, reserving 2 chopped onions. Mix all but the 2 reserved onions with the sour cream.
- Heat enchilada sauce in a sauce pan on low. Mix 2 cups Mexican cheese with sour cream mixture. Fill tortillas with sour cream mixture while lining them up in pan, folded side down (if the tortillas are too stiff to fold, you can dip them in the enchilada sauce first or heat them in the microwave under a damp paper towel).
- Pour any remaining sauce over enchiladas in pan. Bake for 30 minutes at 350°F.
- Top with cheese and reserved green onions and bake until cheese is melted over the top about 10 more minutes or so.
- 15 oz tomato sauce
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/2 Tbsp garlic powder
- ½-1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- cumin to taste
- Combine all ingredients and let simmer over low heat for about 10 minutes to combine the flavors.
Homemade Spanish Rice
- 2 cups long grain white rice
- 4 cups hot water
- 4 Tbsp. oil
- 16 oz tomato sauce
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tsp. cumin, plus more to taste
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Place rice in a skillet and brown in the oil over high heat, stirring constantly.
- Once browned, add the hot water. Add the remaining ingredients, place a lid on the skillet, and turn the heat down to low.
- Simmer covered for 20 minutes.
Day 5 Dinner Menu
- Apple Cheddar Melts
- Potato Chips
Apple Cheddar Melt
- 4 Tbsp. mayonnaise
- 4 slices whole wheat bread
- 1 apple
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 4 slices sharp cheddar cheese
- Toast the bread. While the bread is toasting, cut the apple into thin slices and mix the apple slices with lemon juice to keep them from browning.
- When the toast is ready, spread it with the mayonnaise and layer the apple slices on each piece.
- Sprinkle the sunflower seeds on top of the apple slices and top with a slice of cheddar.
- Toast until cheese is melted. Cut into triangles and serve immediately.
Create a Shopping List
Note that any recipe scaling from the recipes above does not carry over to the starting point for the grocery list, so you will need to make those same serving adjustments below after you click the Shopping List button. To print the notes for each day, after clicking the Shopping List button, click Print Collection.
Pin This Dinner Menu Plan: