Week 7 Summary
Notes for this week
|Pesto Ravioli Casserole||Pan Sautéed Zucchini and Onion|
|Crockpot Lentil Soup with Kielbasa||Garlic Bread||Green Salad|
|Chili Relleno Casserole||Tex-Mex Confetti Rice|
|Chicken and Mushrooms with Wine||Spaetzle||Green Peas|
|Baked Penne Pasta||Broccoli Salad|
Free Meal Plans by Email
🗓️ Day 1
- Pesto Ravioli Casserole
- Pan Sautéed Zucchini and Onion
- 25 oz. fresh or frozen ravioli, flavor of your choice
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup prepared pesto sauce
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded (divided)
- 1/2 cup parmesan, shredded
- 24 oz. jar spaghetti sauce
- Cook ravioli according to package directions; drain.
- While ravioli is cooking, mix together ricotta, pesto, 1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese, and 1/2 cup parmesan cheese in a large bowl until thoroughly blended.
- Add cooked ravioli and spaghetti sauce. Gently stir.
- Pour ravioli mixture into a lightly sprayed 9x13 casserole dish. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese and bake at 350°F for about 20 minutes until heated through and cheese has melted.
Pan Sautéed Zucchini and Onion
- 2 zucchini, chopped
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 Tbsp butter
- Melt butter in a large skillet
- Sauté zucchini and onion in butter until tendercrisp.
🗓️ Day 2
- Lentil Soup with Kielbasa
- Garlic Bread
- Green Salad
Crockpot Lentil Soup with Kielbasa
of savory onions, peppers, and garlic. Start it early in the day and add the
spinach about 10 minutes before serving for a delicious comfort meal.
- 1 lb. turkey kielbasa, sliced
- 1 lb. dried lentils, rinsed and drained (about 2 cups )
- 2/3 cup cooked chicken, diced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium carrot, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ tsp thyme
- ¼ tsp pepper
- ¼ tsp cumin
- 1 bay leaf
- 29 oz beef broth
- 29 oz chicken broth
- 2 cups fresh spinach, coarsely chopped
- Combine all ingredients except for the spinach in a slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for about 6 hours or until lentils are tender.
- Add spinach and cover. Let stand 5-10 minutes or until spinach wilts.
- Remove cover and stir. Discard bay leaf before serving.
🗓️ Day 3
- Chili Relleno Casserole
- Tex-Mex Confetti Rice
Chili Relleno Casserole
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp. crushed red pepper flakes, optional
- 1/4 cup flour
- 28 oz. can fire-roasted whole green chilies
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 4 cups shredded Mexican Blend cheese, divided
- 2 green onions, chopped (for garnish)
- non-stick cooking spray
- Brown ground beef and chopped onion. Add seasonings and flour and mix well.
- Drain chilies and layer in the bottom a prepared casserole dish. Sprinkle with 3 cups cheese, then top evenly with meat mixture. Beat eggs, add milk, and pour over meat mixture.
- Bake at 375°F for 45 minutes (check the last few minutes to be sure it isn't getting too brown. Serve with remaining shredded cheese and green onions for garnish.
Tex-Mex Confetti Rice
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup uncooked rice
- 1 small tomato, chopped
- 15 oz. can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 15 oz. can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 jalapeno, chopped (optional)
- ½ cup green onion, chopped
- ½ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- ¼ cup lime juice
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- Bring water to a boil in a saucepan. Add rice; stir and cover. Reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender.
- Fluff rice with fork and add remaining ingredients. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until heated through.
🗓️ Day 4
- Chicken and Mushrooms with Wine
- Green Peas
Chicken and Mushrooms in Wine Sauce
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup chicken broth, separated
- 1.5 lbs. chicken breast halves, thin cut or flattened
- 1/2 cup green onion, chopped
- 8 oz mushrooms, quartered
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- 3 tsp garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup white wine, like dry riesling
- 1-1/2 tsp cornstarch
- Lightly brown chicken in olive oil in a hot skillet. Add remaining ingredients except cornstarch and 1 Tbsp. broth and stir gently.
- Cover and heat to a boil, then simmer at reduced heat until chicken is cooked through, about 10 - 15 minutes.
- While chicken is cooking, mix cornstarch with reserved tablespoon of room temperature broth to make a slurry. Set aside.
- When the chicken is done, remove the chicken and mushrooms and set aside, leaving the liquid in pan. Add the cornstarch slurry to the liquid in the pan and mix well over medium heat until mixture starts to thicken.
- Return chicken and mushrooms to the pan and simmer for 5 minutes before serving.
🗓️ Day 5
- Baked Penne Pasta
- Broccoli Salad
Freezer-Friendly Penne Pasta Bake
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb. ground beef, browned
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ¾ cup spaghetti sauce
- ¾ cup brown gravy
- ½ cup half and half
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1 tsp oregano
- ½ tsp rosemary
- salt and pepper to taste
- 12 oz. penne pasta
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- non-stick cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- While pasta is cooking, sauté garlic in oil over low heat for 1-2 minutes in a large fry pan.
- Add all remaining ingredients except mozzarella cheese and pasta and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add pasta and mix gently. Pour mixture into a prepared baking dish and sprinkle the top with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake at 350°F for 25 minutes.
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves, washed, stems removed, and packed into cup
- ¼ cup Parmesan Cheese
- ½ cup olive oil
- 3 Tbsp pine nuts
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- Place basil leaves in small batches into a food processor and process until well chopped.
- Add about 1/3 of the nuts and garlic and blend again.
- Add about 1/3 of the cheese and blend slowly while adding about 1/3 of the olive oil.
- Stop to scrape food processor contents down the sides of container towards the bottom. Process until a smooth thick paste is formed.
- Repeat process until all ingredients are used.
- 3 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 3/4 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 Tbsp. onion, chopped
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 6 strips turkey bacon, cooked and crumbled
- In a large bowl, combine the first 3 ingredients and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the mayo, sugar, and vinegar. Pour over the broccoli mixture and mix gently to coat. Chill for at least 4 hours.
- Add bacon crumbles just before serving.
🧾 Create a shopping list
Note that any recipe scaling from the recipes above does not carry over to the starting point for the grocery list, so you will need to make those same serving adjustments below after you click the Shopping List button. To print the notes for each day, after clicking the Shopping List button, click Print Collection.