Freezer options this week
|Teriyaki Steak||Grilled Corn with Garlic and Ginger Soy Butter||Green Salad|
|Sweet Garlic Chicken||Baked Potatoes||Steamed Broccoli|
|Crockpot Marinara Sauce over Pasta||Slow Simmered Green Beans|
|Black Bean Soup||Spinach Salad||Crusty Bread|
|South of the Border Casserole||Homemade Spanish Rice|
Free Meal Plans by Email
Day 1 Dinner Menu
- Teriyaki Steak
- Grilled Corn with Garlic and Ginger Soy Butter
- Green Salad
- 1-1/2 lbs. sirloin steak
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 tsp garlic powder
- 4 Tbsp oyster sauce
- 8 Tbsp teriyaki sauce
- Combine everything except the steaks in a small bowl and mix well. Place steaks in a sealable container and marinate overnight.
- Grill or broil until done. Serve as steak or chop and serve over rice.
Grilled Corn With Garlic and Ginger Soy Butter
- 2 medium cloves garlic, minced on a Microplane grater (about 2 teaspoons)
- 1- inch knob fresh ginger, minced on a Microplane grater (about 2 teaspoons)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons softened butter
- 1 teaspoon juice from 1 lemon
- 8 ears corn, shucked
- 1/4 cup finely sliced scallions
Day 2 Dinner Menu
- Sweet Garlic Chicken
- Baked Potatoes
- Steamed Broccoli
Sweet Garlic Chicken
- 2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, flattened
- 6 tsp garlic, minced
- 6 Tbsp brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- Preheat oven to 500°F.
- While oven preheats, heat oil in a large oven-safe sauté pan. Cook garlic in oil until garlic is tender then remove from heat. Stir in brown sugar. Push mixture to the side of the pan and lay chicken breasts in pan. Spoon brown sugar and garlic mixture over chicken. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake uncovered for 15-20 minutes or until meat is thoroughly cooked. Check frequently after the first 10 minutes as the brown sugar mixture is prone to burning if cooked too long.
Day 3 Dinner Menu
- Crockpot Marinara Sauce
- Pasta of Your Choice
- Slow Simmered Green Beans
Crockpot Marinara Sauce
- 25 oz jar spaghetti sauce
- 14 oz can diced tomatoes
- 14 oz can stewed tomatoes
- 6 oz can tomato paste
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1 tsp. dried thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 1 tsp. basil
- Combine all ingredients and simmer in a slow cooker for 4-5 hours on low or until done.
- Serve over hot pasta.
Day 4 Dinner Menu
- Black Bean Soup
- Spinach Salad
- Crusty Bread
Black Bean Soup
- 1 lb. prepared dried black beans, 2/3 cup liquid reserved
- 28 oz chicken broth or equivalent amount of water
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 2 Tbsp. oil
- 10 oz tomatoes and green chilies, drained
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1-2 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. black pepper, freshly ground
- 2 tsp. lime juice
- Sour cream, chopped tomatoes, chopped red onion, and chopped jalapenos as desired for garnish
- Sauté onion and bell pepper in oil in a skillet.
- While the vegetables sauté, combine 1/2 of the prepared beans with all of the reserved liquid and the chicken broth in a large soup pot. Using an immersion blender, puree the beans.
- When onions and peppers are tender, add them to the pureed beans in the soup pot along with the remaining beans, garlic, tomatoes and green chilies, lime juice, and seasonings. Stir gently and simmer until soup is hot and flavors are blended, about 30-45 minutes.
- Serve with sour cream, chopped tomatoes, chopped red onion, and chopped jalapenos as desired for garnish.
Day 5 Dinner Menu
- South of the Border Casserole
- Homemade Spanish Rice
South of the Border Casserole
- 15 oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 2.25 oz can sliced black olives, drained
- 2 cups cheddar cheese
- Brown meat, remove from heat, and stir in salsa. Mix green onions, corn, and olives.
- In a large casserole dish, layer all the beans, 1/2 the meat mixture, all the vegetables, then the remaining meat mixture. Top with cheese and bake covered for 45 minutes at 350°F.
Homemade Spanish Rice
- 2 cups long grain white rice
- 4 cups hot water
- 4 Tbsp. oil
- 16 oz tomato sauce
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tsp. cumin, plus more to taste
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Place rice in a skillet and brown in the oil over high heat, stirring constantly.
- Once browned, add the hot water. Add the remaining ingredients, place a lid on the skillet, and turn the heat down to low.
- Simmer covered for 20 minutes.
Create a Shopping List
Note that any recipe scaling from the recipes above does not carry over to the starting point for the grocery list, so you will need to make those same serving adjustments below after you click the Shopping List button. To print the notes for each day, after clicking the Shopping List button, click Print Collection.