This quick stove top Orzo Alfredo is perfect for nights when you don’t have a lot of time or don’t want to heat up the oven. The combination of cream, butter, and Parmesan cheese creates a fantastic homemade Alfredo sauce.
- 16 oz. orzo, cooked according to package directions
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2–1/2 cups frozen peas, thawed and drained
- 1/4 cup butter, cut into pieces
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh-ground black pepper
- 1/8 tsp. freshly ground nutmeg (affiliate link)
In a large saucepan, combine cream and butter. Heat over medium heat until butter has melted and cream is warmed, but do not boil. Add Parmesan cheese, garlic, salt, pepper, and nutmeg. Mix well and cook over medium-low heat until cheese is melted. Add peas and orzo, mixing gently. Heat over medium-low heat until everything is warmed through. Serve immediately.
- Method: Stovetop
Keywords: orzo, peas, stovetop, quick & easy