This traditional pumpkin recipe is a staple at Thanksgiving meals. It can be made ahead and refrigerated.
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 2 eggs
- 15 oz. can pure pumpkin
- 12 oz. can evaporated milk
- 9 inch deep-dish pie shell, unbaked
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- In a small bowl, mix together sugar, cinnamon, ginger, and cloves. Set aside.
- In a larger bowl, beat eggs and then add pumpkin, spice mixture, and evaporated milk. Mix thoroughly. Pour mixture into unbaked pie shell and bake for 15 minutes at 425°F. Reduce oven temperature to 350°F and continue baking for 45 minutes (or until knife inserted into center of pie comes out clean).
- Remove from oven and cool for at least 2 hours. Serve or refrigerate. If desired, serve with ice cream or whipped topping.