Fresh or frozen green beans make a quick and flavorful side when sautéed in butter and seasoned.
This is one of the sides that we eat regularly. I’ve made it here using fresh green beans, but I often use frozen beans (petite green beans work well). Get started by washing the beans, snapping the ends off, and breaking them in half.
Now they are ready to be steamed. If you are using frozen beans, start the process here. In a microwave steamer (or stovetop steamer if your prefer), steam the green beans until they are tendercrsip.
While they are steaming, start by melting some butter in a medium fry pan.
Add the steamed beans and sauté for 2-3 minutes.
Sprinkle 1/2 packet of Italian dressing mix over the beans. If you like less seasoning, use less. Be sure to shake the packet first so that it is well mixed before you sprinkle it.
Sauté for 2-3 more minutes. That’s it! Quick and easy.
Seasoned Green Beans
- 1 lb. fresh or frozen green beans
- 2 tsp. butter
- 1/4 package Good Seasonings Italian dressing mix
- If needed, trim green beans of ends and strings. If using frozen green beans, thaw first.
- Lightly steam green beans.
- Melt butter in large fry pan. Add green beans. Sprinkle with the 1/4 package of seasoning mix and stir well while sautéing.