This slow cooker Asian style chicken recipe rewards a little prep time in the morning with big returns at dinner time. Feel free to adjust the vegetables to based on what you have on hand – colored bell peppers and broccoli would be excellent substitutions for the carrots and green bell pepper.
Slow Cooker Sweet and Sour Chicken
- 1 cup carrot, chopped
- 1 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1 cup onion, quartered
- 2 Tbsp tapioca, quick cooking
- 1-1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite sized pieces
- 8 oz can pineapple chunks
- 1/3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp chicken bouillon
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 Tbsp fresh ginger, minced
- 1 tsp cilantro, dried
- 3 cups rice, cooked and kept warm
- Place vegetables in the bottom of a slow cooker.
- Sprinkle tapioca over the vegetables. Place chicken on top of the vegetables.
- Combine all other ingredients except rice in a small bowl. Pour over chicken.
- Cover slow cooker and cook on low for 8-10 hours. Serve over rice.