This cheesy chicken corn chowder is an easy weeknight meal. If you have leftover chicken, you can have this soup ready in just a few minutes.
Tex-Mex Chicken Corn Chowder
- 2 cups chicken, chopped into bite size pieces
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 1 tsp garlic cloves, minced
- 1 ½ cups chicken broth
- 2 cups half & half
- 3 cups Monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 29.5 oz canned creamed style corn
- 4.5 oz can diced green chilies, drained & rinsed
- 4 oz jar pimientos, diced
- fresh cilantro, chopped
- tortilla chips for garnish
- In a large pot, sauté chicken in oil until cooked through. Add garlic and sauté for 1-2 minutes.
- Add chicken broth; bring to boil. Reduce heat and cover. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add half & half, cheese, corn, and green chilies. Cook and stir gently over low heat until the cheese is melted, making sure to reduce heat if you notice any sticking on the bottom of the pan. Stir in pimiento.
- Serve immediately. Garnish with tortilla chips and cilantro, if desired.
Pin this recipe: