There’s no need to heat up the oven to make this delicious chicken with Thai-inspired peanut sauce. It’s ready in 30 minutes and the meal can be completed with a green salad. You can double the sauce recipe and put half in the freezer to cut down the time even more on your next busy night.
Thai Chicken Fettuccine
- 1 C salsa
- ¼ C creamy peanut butter
- 2 Tbsp orange juice
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 lb chicken, boneless, skinless, cut into bite sized pieces
- Oil as needed
- 8 oz box fettuccine, cooked and kept warm
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- Fresh cilantro as desired
- In a small saucepan, combine salsa, peanut butter, honey, soy sauce, and orange juice and cook over low heat. Stir until peanut butter melts and is blended with other ingredients, about 15-20 minutes.
- While the sauce is heating, cook chicken and bell pepper in oil in a large skillet until chicken is cooked through. Add sauce to skillet and mix well.
- Serve over pasta, garnishing with cilantro.
The sauce freezes well so if you’d like to double up and put some sauce in the freezer, just label with “Thaw and reheat over medium heat. Serve with sautéed chicken and red bell pepper over rice or fettuccine and garnish with fresh cilantro.” Nutrition data calculated using 2 Tbsp canola oil. Cilantro garnish not included in nutrition data.