Toasting burritos adds a delightful crunch and switching up the burrito filling gives a cheeseburger twist to a traditional favorite.
If you’re short on time and you have seasoned taco meat in your freezer, you can use that to make this recipe even quicker.
Toasted Cheeseburger Burritos
- 2 lbs. ground beef
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- ½ cup ketchup
- 1 Tbsp dried minced onion
- Salt to taste
- 6 burrito size flour tortillas
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- Condiments for toasted burritos as desired
- Brown ground beef and drain off any fat. Add Worcestershire sauce, ketchup, onion, and seasoning. Stir to combine well.
- In the middle of a tortilla spread any condiments you desire, cheese to taste, and add beef mixture and tomato slices. Roll up burrito style.
- Repeat with remaining ingredients until all the burritos are assembled.
- Place burritos two at a time in a preheated skillet and cook about 3 minutes each side until toasted to your preference.