Notes for this week
|This week is full of quick and easy recipes along with a delicious crockpot roast beef that we will use for planned leftovers.|
|Easy Crockpot Roast Beef & Gravy||Rice||Sautéed Onions and Cabbage|
|Santa Fe Chicken||Garlic Bread||Seasoned Green Beans|
|Barbecue Beef and Beans||Green Salad|
|Toasted Cheeseburger Burritos||Easy Stovetop Vegetables|
|Apple Cheese Sunflower Melts||Raw Vegetables|
Free Meal Plans by Email
Day 1 Dinner Menu
Save leftover roast beef for Day 3 (you may want to make a larger roast or double the recipe).
- Easy Crockpot Roast Beef & Gravy
- Sautéed Onions and Cabbage
Easy Crockpot Roast Beef & Gravy
For the roast:
- 3 lb. beef rump roast
- Salt, as needed
- Coarsely ground black pepper, as needed
For the gravy:
- 1 cup beef broth, or more as needed
- 1-1/2 Tbsp. flour
- Cut excess fat from roast if necessary.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper all over roast and press into sides.
- Place roast in crockpot and cook on low for 6 hours or until done to your preference.
- Remove roast from crockpot, reserving drippings, and let rest while preparing gravy.
- Strain the drippings from the roast into a pan and add ½ of the beef broth. Heat over medium heat.
- In a jar with a lid, mix flour with about ½ cup beef broth, shaking well to combine.
- Slowly add about half of the broth mixture to drippings over medium heat, whisking constantly.
- Continue to heat and whisk as mixture thickens. If necessary, add more of the flour mixture to thicken (if the gravy becomes too thick, add more broth to thin).
- Gravy is ready when it is heated through and the consistency is to your preference.
- Slice the roast against the grain and serve with gravy.
Day 2 Dinner Menu
- Santa Fe Chicken
- Garlic Bread
- Seasoned Green Beans
Santa Fe Chicken
- 1-1/2 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breasts
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup saltine crackers, finely crushed
- 2 Tbsp butter, melted
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 cup Mexican blend cheese, shredded
- Non-stick cooking spray
- Heat oven to 425º. Coat chicken with mayonnaise, then dredge in cracker crumbs, turning to evenly coat both sides of each chicken breast.
- Place prepared chicken in a 9x13” baking dish that has been lightly sprayed with cooking spray. Drizzle each piece of chicken with butter.
- Bake 20 minutes or until chicken is cooked through (when internal temperature reaches 165ºF).
- Top with salsa and cheese; bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
Seasoned Green Beans
- 1 lb. fresh or frozen green beans
- 2 tsp. butter
- 1/4 package Good Seasonings Italian dressing mix
- If needed, trim green beans of ends and strings. If using frozen green beans, thaw first.
- Lightly steam green beans.
- Melt butter in large fry pan. Add green beans. Sprinkle with the 1/4 package of seasoning mix and stir well while sautéing.
Day 3 Dinner Menu
Use the leftover roast beef from Day 1 for BBQ Beef & Beans.
- Barbecue Beef and Beans
- Green Salad
BBQ Beef and Beans
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 8 oz. tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup thick salsa
- 2 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp. chili powder
- 2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- black pepper, to taste
- 1 lb. leftover cooked beef roast, diced or cut into strips
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 15 oz. kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 15 oz. pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 12 oz. beef broth, or more as needed
- Combine all ingredients in a large pot. Cook over medium heat for about 25 minutes or until cooked through.
Day 4 Dinner Menu
Use cooked ground beef from your freezer stock if you have it. If not, cook extra ground beef to replenish your stock.
- Toasted Cheeseburger Burritos
- Easy Stovetop Vegetables
Toasted Cheeseburger Burritos
- 2 lbs. ground beef
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- ½ cup ketchup
- 1 Tbsp dried minced onion
- Salt to taste
- 6 burrito size flour tortillas
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- Condiments for toasted burritos as desired
- Brown ground beef and drain off any fat. Add Worcestershire sauce, ketchup, onion, and seasoning. Stir to combine well.
- In the middle of a tortilla spread any condiments you desire, cheese to taste, and add beef mixture and tomato slices. Roll up burrito style.
- Repeat with remaining ingredients until all the burritos are assembled.
- Place burritos two at a time in a preheated skillet and cook about 3 minutes each side until toasted to your preference.
Quick Stovetop Vegetables with Heat
- 15 oz. cut corn, drained
- 14.5 oz. diced tomatoes, undrained
- 10.5 oz. diced tomatoes and green chilies, drained
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 10 oz. frozen okra, thawed (or zucchini if preferred)
- adobo or garlic salt to taste
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Combine all ingredients except cheese in a saucepan and heat, stirring occasionally.
- Serve topped with shredded cheese.
- You may want to substitute diced tomatoes for the tomatoes and green chilies if your family prefers mild flavors.
- If your family doesn't like the texture or taste of okra, try substituting about 1-1/2 cups of zucchini chopped into large pieces for the okra. If using zucchini, I recommend sautéing it in the pan in a little oil before adding the other vegetables to give it a little time to cook. When it is starting to soften and shrink, go ahead and add the black beans, tomatoes, and corn.
Day 5 Dinner Menu
- Apple Cheese Sunflower Melts
- Raw Vegetables
Apple Cheddar Melt
- 4 Tbsp. mayonnaise
- 4 slices whole wheat bread
- 1 apple
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 4 slices sharp cheddar cheese
- Toast the bread. While the bread is toasting, cut the apple into thin slices and mix the apple slices with lemon juice to keep them from browning.
- When the toast is ready, spread it with the mayonnaise and layer the apple slices on each piece.
- Sprinkle the sunflower seeds on top of the apple slices and top with a slice of cheddar.
- Toast until cheese is melted. Cut into triangles and serve immediately.
Create a Shopping List
Note that any recipe scaling from the recipes above does not carry over to the starting point for the grocery list, so you will need to make those same serving adjustments below after you click the Shopping List button. To print the notes for each day, after clicking the Shopping List button, click Print Collection.
Pin This Dinner Menu Plan: