Notes for this week
|Broiled Tilapia Parmesan||Rice Pilaf||Mixed Vegetables|
|Baked Skillet Chicken||Spinach and Garlic Sautéed in Butter||Garlic Cheese Bread|
|Black Bean Soup||Tortilla Chips with Salsa and Guacamole|
|Chicken Tetrazzini||Green Salad|
|Mexican Ravioli||Fruit Cocktail|
Free Meal Plans by Email
Day 1 Dinner Menu
- Broiled Tilapia Parmesan
- Rice Pilaf
- Mixed Vegetables
Broiled Tilapia Parmesan
- 2 pounds frozen tilapia fillets, thawed
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded or grated
- 2 Tbsp. butter, softened
- 3 Tbsp. mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- ¼ tsp. dried basil
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- 1/8 tsp. onion powder
- 1/8 tsp. celery salt
- Preheat oven broiler.
- Line pan with foil and lightly spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Mix together all ingredients except fish in a small bowl and set aside.
- Arrange fillets in a single layer on prepared pan. Broil a few inches from the heat for 2 or 3 minutes. Flip fillets over and broil for 2 or 3 minutes more.
- Remove fillets from oven and coat with Parmesan mixture on top side. Flip and coat other side. Continue broiling until fish flakes easily with a fork, about 2 minutes more.
- 8 Tbsp. butter
- 7 oz. vermicelli, broken into small pieces
- 2 c. long grain white rice
- 4 c. water
- 2 tsp. granulated chicken bouillon
- 1 Tbsp. dried parsley
- 1 Tbsp. dried onion flakes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large pan, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the vermicelli and brown until golden, about 5 minutes.
- Add the rice and stir until coated with butter, about 2 minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients and stir well to combine. Bring to a boil, then turn heat to low.
- Cover and let cook until all the liquid is absorbed, about 25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Fluff with a fork and serve.
Day 2 Dinner Menu
- Baked Skillet Chicken (save leftover chicken for Day 4)
- Spinach and Garlic Sautéed in Butter
- Garlic Cheese Bread
Baked Skillet Chicken
- 1-1/2 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp paprika
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix spices in a small bowl. Rub seasoning mix onto chicken to coat.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Sear chicken 2 minutes per side.
- Place in a lightly sprayed baking dish and bake for 30 minutes or until juices run clear.
- Let the chicken sit on a plate 5-10 minutes before serving. Chop, cube or shred any extras to restock your freezer with cooked chicken.
Sautéed Spinach and Garlic
- 1-1/2 Tbsp. butter
- 16 oz. fresh baby spinach, washed and dried
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- Salt to taste
- Melt butter in a skillet and sauté minced garlic for a couple of minutes.
- Add spinach and stir it into the garlic just until it starts to wilt. Add salt and serve.
Day 3 Dinner Menu
- Black Bean Soup
- Tortilla Chips with Salsa and Guacamole
Black Bean Soup
- 1 lb. prepared dried black beans, 2/3 cup liquid reserved
- 28 oz chicken broth or equivalent amount of water
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 2 Tbsp. oil
- 10 oz tomatoes and green chilies, drained
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1-2 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. black pepper, freshly ground
- 2 tsp. lime juice
- Sour cream, chopped tomatoes, chopped red onion, and chopped jalapenos as desired for garnish
- Sauté onion and bell pepper in oil in a skillet.
- While the vegetables sauté, combine 1/2 of the prepared beans with all of the reserved liquid and the chicken broth in a large soup pot. Using an immersion blender, puree the beans.
- When onions and peppers are tender, add them to the pureed beans in the soup pot along with the remaining beans, garlic, tomatoes and green chilies, lime juice, and seasonings. Stir gently and simmer until soup is hot and flavors are blended, about 30-45 minutes.
- Serve with sour cream, chopped tomatoes, chopped red onion, and chopped jalapenos as desired for garnish.
Day 4 Dinner Menu
- Chicken Tetrazzini (use leftover chicken from Day 2)
- Green Salad
- 10 oz. spaghetti, cooked and drained
- 3 C shredded cheddar jack cheese, divided
- 3 Tbsp. butter
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 10 oz. can cream of mushroom soup
- 10 oz. can cream of chicken soup
- 1 soup can milk
- 2 cups cooked chicken, diced
- salt & pepper to taste
- non-stick cooking spray
- Sauté onion and red pepper in butter until soft.
- Mix onion and pepper with spaghetti, 2 cups of the cheese, soups, milk, and chicken in a large bowl. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Pour mixture into a 9x13 inch baking dish sprayed with non-stick cooking spray. Top with remaining cheese.
- Bake uncovered at 350°F until bubbly and heated through (about 30-40 minutes).
Day 5 Dinner Menu
- Mexican Ravioli
- Fruit Cocktail
- 25 oz pkg beef ravioli
- 10 oz homemade enchilada sauce, or canned red enchilada sauce
- 1 C salsa
- 2 C Monterey Jack cheese
- 2.25 oz can sliced black olives
- Cook ravioli according to package directions.
- In a skillet, mix the enchilada sauce and salsa over low heat. When pasta is cooked, drain and add to skillet.
- Mixing carefully, add olives and cheese and serve.
Create a Shopping List
Note that any recipe scaling from the recipes above does not carry over to the starting point for the grocery list, so you will need to make those same serving adjustments below after you click the Shopping List button. To print the notes for each day, after clicking the Shopping List button, click Print Collection.