Cheesy Spirals is from the Menus4Moms e-book, Bulk Cooking for the Freezer: Ground Beef and is also featured in the Busy Mom Menu. It is a good recipe to prepare when you buy bulk ground beef. You can brown your beef, use 2 lbs. for the Cheesy Spirals and freeze the rest in 1 lb. portions.
The Cheesy Spirals recipe makes 2 pans, one for dinner and one for the freezer. If you have a smaller family and prefer to cook in smaller batches, you can probably get 3- 8″x8″ pans out of this recipes instead of 1- 9″x12″ pan and 1- 8″x8″ pan.
- 16 oz. pasta spirals
- 4-5 cups cooked ground beef
- 28 oz. spaghetti sauce
- 10.5 oz condensed cheddar cheese soup, undiluted
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 1 ½ tsp. Italian seasoning
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Cook pasta spirals according to package instructions, slightly undercooking. Drain and rinse; return to pan. Add 4-5 cups cooked beef, spaghetti sauce, cheddar cheese soup, pepper, and Italian seasoning. Cook over low heat, stirring regularly, until well mixed. Remove from heat and stir in shredded mozzarella cheese.
Spray 1- 9"x12" pan and 1- 8"x8" pan with non-stick cooking spray and pour mixture into pans. Bake the larger pan at 350°F for 30-40 minutes or until bubbly. Wrap the smaller pan for the freezer and label as "Cheese Spirals: Thaw. Bake at 350°F for 30 minutes or until heated through."