Homemade sauce and hearty corn tortillas are the stars of these ground beef enchiladas. These are a great dish for the freezer, too!
Ground Beef Enchiladas
- 1 ½ cups water
- 8 oz can tomato sauce
- 3 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tsp. oregano
- Garlic salt to taste
- 10 corn tortillas
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 oz can sliced black olives
- Combine all sauce ingredients and simmer while preparing the rest of the enchiladas as directed below.
- Brown ground beef and onion seasoned with oregano and garlic salt in a skillet until done.
- Place meat filling in the middle of the tortilla. Roll up and place in a 9 x 13 inch baking dish.
- Repeat until all tortillas are used or dish is full.
- Pour sauce on top and cover with cheese and olives.
- Bake at 350°F for 20-25 minutes or until heated through.