Fusilli pasta with spinach, tomatoes, and onions is an easy summer recipe that doesn’t heat up the oven. Prepared in one pot on the stovetop, the delicious pasta dish is ready in about 30 minutes.
One Pot Tomato Spinach Pasta
- 12 oz box fusilli pasta
- 28 oz can diced tomatoes
- 2 cups vegetable or chicken broth
- ½ medium yellow onion, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 6 oz package baby spinach
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Place all ingredients except for spinach and Parmesan cheese in a large soup pot or Dutch oven. Cover and bring to a boil over medium-high heat for about 12 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, and cook, covered, about 10 minutes or until pasta is slightly al dente, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat.
- Stir in spinach. Cover and let stand 10 minutes.
- Stir just before serving. Serve with Parmesan cheese.