Pesto makes this baked chicken a flavorful but easy meal. You can use a jar of pesto for quicker prep, but homemade pesto is quick and easy to make and is worth the few minutes of effort.
Pesto freezes well, so you may want to double the recipe and freeze a portion for future use.
- 1-1/2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 6 pieces
- 1 recipe homemade pesto, or 10 oz. jar pesto
- 1 cup Mozzarella cheese, shredded, for garnish
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese, grated, for garnish
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Heat oven to 375°Spray a 9x13 inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Spread a small amount of pesto sauce on the bottom of the baking dish. Lay chicken in the baking dish and pour the remaining pesto over the chicken.
- Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes or until cooked through.
- Remove foil and sprinkle with cheeses and bake for 5 minutes more or until cheese is melted.
Pin this recipe: