Salsa and Mexican cheese blend give breaded chicken a flavor boost in this tasty baked chicken dish.
You can convert this recipe to a three ingredient dish that is ready in under 30 minutes by substituting frozen breaded chicken strips and topping with the salsa and cheese in the last few minutes of cooking.
Santa Fe Chicken
- 1-1/2 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breasts
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup saltine crackers, finely crushed
- 2 Tbsp butter, melted
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 cup Mexican blend cheese, shredded
- Non-stick cooking spray
- Heat oven to 425º. Coat chicken with mayonnaise, then dredge in cracker crumbs, turning to evenly coat both sides of each chicken breast.
- Place prepared chicken in a 9x13” baking dish that has been lightly sprayed with cooking spray. Drizzle each piece of chicken with butter.
- Bake 20 minutes or until chicken is cooked through (when internal temperature reaches 165ºF).
- Top with salsa and cheese; bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.