Tender and delicious, Slow Cooker Sticky Chicken is easy to prepare and makes a delicious dinner while providing leftovers for use in a later meal. Prepare the chicken for marinating at night, then pop it in the slow cooker in the morning for a low stress dinner.
Slow Cooker Sticky Chicken
- 1 large roasting chicken, about 5 lbs.
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 4 teaspoons salt
- In a small bowl, thoroughly combine everything except the chicken and chopped onion. Remove giblets from chicken, clean the cavity well and pat dry with paper towels.
- Rub the spice mixture into the chicken, both inside and out, making sure it is evenly distributed and down deep into the skin.
- Place in a sealed marinating container and refrigerate overnight.
- When ready to roast chicken, stuff cavity with onions, and place in slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 5 hours or until cooked through. The pan juices will start to caramelize on the bottom of pan and the chicken will turn golden brown when it is ready.
- Use a meat thermometer to ensure that the meat is thoroughly cooked (165°F internal temperature).
- Let chicken rest about 10 minutes before carving.
Pin this recipe: