Over the holidays we visited with a friend who served these fantastic little appetizers. Not only were they tasty, but they are easy to make. You could do many different variations, but this is the version I made. I had bulk ingredients, so I am guessing on the amounts here, but you can nibble on any leftover ingredients.
Tasty Pepperoni and Tortellini Treats
- 1 lb. turkey pepperoni, sliced
- 1 lb. fresh tortellini, cooked
- 1 lb. olives
- .5 cup Italian salad dressing, I used Good Seasonings made with balsamic vinegar for extra flavor
- Toothpicks, as needed
- Marinate the cooked tortellini and olives in the Italian seasoning overnight.
- Skewer each toothpick with a folded slice or two of meat (you may need to fold larger slices into quarters; small pepperoni can be folded in half), a tortellini, and an olive.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.